Jack Woodbury is the 2017 - 2018 recipient of the Peter Brown Memorial Friendship Award presented by the American Club Inc. Auckland.
The American Club of New Zealand offers the award to promote friendship between New Zealand and the United States through supporting undergraduate study in the United States.
Jack completed his secondary schooling at St Patrick's College Wellington, where he was captain of the rowing squad, prefect, and a member of the school's barbershop chorus. He applied for the Peter Brown Award whilst a third-year university student studying a double bachelor degree programme of music and commerce (BMus/BCom) at Victoria University of Wellington.
During the period of his study at Pennsylvania State University, Philadelphia, Jack traveled to work as a voluntary teacher of English and mathematics near Goa, India. In this Video Interview with American Club Education Convenor, Peter Mellalieu, Jack discusses several topics including:
- Jack's experience teaching in India, Video Part 1
- Jack's switch from studying classics at school to information systems at university, Video Part 2
- Jack's first contact impressions upon his arrival in the United States, Video Part 3
- The development of Jack's capacity for leadership, Video Part 4
- Jack's mastery and practice of time management, Video Part 5
- Jack's views of the development of the field of information technology, and his role in that field, Video Part 6
- Jack's practice of working with and for his peers, Video Part 7
- Conclusion, thanks, and credits, Video Part 8
Photo Album: Jack in USA and India
Jack's album click here
Please support our future Award recipients here:
Your contribution will assist a deserving New Zealand undergraduate toward their USA studies.